Traditional Thai Noodle Bowl
8,6 / 10
ready in 30 min.
- 12 ounces flat Rice noodles
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind paste
- 1 handful cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Nut oil
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 scallions (sliced into fine rings)
- 1 red chile pepper (halved lengthways, deseeded and thinly sliced)
- 2.333 cups Prawn (deveined and peeled apart from the tail)
- 2 handfuls Bean sprout (1 handful finely chopped)
Cover the rice noodles with boiling water and leave to soak for around 5 minutes. Drain and quench in cold water.
Beat the eggs with 2 tbsp fish sauce, the lime juice, the tamarind paste and the chopped coriander.
Heat the oil in a wok. Briefly stir fry the garlic, spring onions and chilli over a high heat. Add the prawns and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the noodles, chopped bean sprouts and egg mixture and fry for 1-2 minutes until the egg is cooked through. Season to taste with fish sauce and arrange on plates.
Garnish with the reserved bean sprouts and serve with crushed peanuts and slices of lime.