Stir-fried Steak with Vegetables
- To marinate the beef
- 3.333 cups Beef fillet (thinly sliced against the grain)
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sherry
- 2 red chili peppers (seeds removed, chopped)
- 2 Tbsps Oil
- 11 ozs green Asparagus (ends peeled, halved)
- 2 cups medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 handful Oyster mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps sherry
- 2 Tbsps chicken stock
- ½ tsp Corn starch
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 small Radicchio (leaves separated and torn into smaller pieces)
Dust the beef with the cornflour and place in a bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce and sherry, Mix in the chilli and place in the fridge to marinate.
Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan, then add the oil and brown the meat on all sides. Remove from the pan.
Stir-fry the asparagus and potatoes. Add the mushrooms and fry all the vegetables until firm to the bite.
Mix the remaining ingredients (except for the radicchio) together in a small bowl, pour into the pan and bring to the boil. Return the beef to the pan and stir-fry over a high heat.
Mix in the radicchio and serve on plates.