Spicy Pumpkin Curry
ready in 45 min.
- 1.333 cups thick Coconut milk
- 1 cup water (plus more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 inch freshly grated ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 whole Kaffir Lemon Leaf
- 2 red chili peppers (rinsed; seeded and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to saute)
- 4 cups peeled Pumpkin (cut into cubes)
- 1 large onion (peeled and diced)
- salt (to taste)
In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, water, turmeric, curry, ginger, lime leaves, chili peppers and garlic.
Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the cubed pumpkin and onion and saute until the onions start to soften. Add the coconut milk mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the pumpkin is tender, but not overcooked. Add more water, 1/4 cup at a time, if necessary, to keep the pan from getting too dry.
When the pumpkin is fork tender and the curry sauce is thick, remove skillet from heat source and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Serve.