South Italian Grilled Toasts
7,5 / 10
ready in 40 min.
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 small Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 small zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 Red onion (sliced)
- 8 large, button Mushrooms (brushed clean with stalks removed)
- 8 slices Baguette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 beefsteak tomato (sliced)
- 1 Mozzarella (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Peel the garlic cloves and halve 2 of them.
Grill the aubergine, courgette, onion and mushrooms on a hot barbecue for about 3 minutes each side, brushing with oil mixed with the remaining pressed garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
Toast the bread until golden brown, then while still hot, rub with the halved garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil and top lavishly with the grilled vegetables, tomato, basil leaves and sliced mozzarella.
Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.