South-east Asian Seafood Broth
ready in 40 min.
- 2 red chile peppers (halved)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Nut oil
- 2 tablespoons red Curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Shrimp paste
- 2 cups poultry stock
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 unwaxed Lime (zest and juice)
- 2 ½ cups Oyster mushrooms (torn into smaller pieces if necessary)
- 4 King prawn (whole, deveined)
- 1 ½ cups Squid tentacle (scored with a diamond pattern and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
Fry the chillies, garlic and ginger in hot oil until translucent. Stir in the curry paste and shrimp paste, fry briefly then deglaze with the stock and coconut milk. Add the lime leaves and simmer gently for around 10 minutes.
Add the lime zest and juice, mushrooms, prawns and squid and cook over a low heat for around 5 minutes until cooked through - do not boil.
Season to taste with fish sauce and serve in bowls.