South-east Asian Noodles
9,2 / 10
- 7 ounces Rice noodles
- 1 Cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 1 carrot (cut into thin sticks)
- 2 shallots (thinly s liced)
- 2 ounces Bean sprout
- 3 red chile peppers (seeds removed and cut into rings)
- 6 tablespoons Nuoc Cham sauce
- cilantro (shredded)
- mint (shredded)
Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
Put the noodles, cucumber, carrots, Nuoc Cham sauce, shallots and chillies (reserve a few for the garnish) into a large bowl and mix. Serve on plates sprinkled with coriander and mint and the reserved chilli rings.
For the sauce: put all the ingredients except the lemon juice into a pan and heat until very hot, but do not boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely. Stir in the lemon juice when the sauce is cold.