South-east Asian Noodle Bowl
7,0 / 10
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ⅛ cup Fish sauce
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup Nut oil
- 2 ½ cups boneless Pork shoulder (diced evenly)
- 0.333 cup Nut oil
- 1 tablespoon mint (finely sliced)
- 11 ounces Rice noodles (cooked as per package instructions)
- 1 Orange (segmented and roughly chopped)
- mint (to garnish)
Whisk together the sugar, fish sauce, sherry vinegar and soy sauce until the sugar has dissolved.
Heat the groundnut oil in a large wok over a high heat and stir-fry the pork for 4-5 minutes until half-cooked.
Add the prepared sauce to the wok and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the orange and mix well. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint.
Reheat the noodles if necessary and spoon into serving bowls. Top with the pork and orange and garnish with mint leaves before serving.