Shrimp and Pepper Rice
8,7 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 1 ½ cups Long grain rice
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 6 scallions (chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (approx.)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 chili pepper (seeds removed, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 ⅔ cups Prawn (ready to cook)
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- soy sauce
Fry the rice gently in the oil in a large pan. Add the spring onions and cook briefly. Pour on the stock, cover and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
Heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the sliced pepper, ginger, garlic and chilli until soft. Add the prawns and fry briefly.
Mix the prawns and vegetables with the tomato purée into the rice. Season with soy sauce.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve on plates with lime wedges.