Scallops with Vanilla Butter and Potato Puree
- 6 Scallop (ready to cook)
- 6 slices smoked Sausage (as desired)
- 14 ounces starchy potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces milk
- 1 generous pinch Vanilla bean (paste)
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Salmon caviar
Rinse potatoes and soak for approximately 30 minutes, then peel, squeeze through a ricer. Mix potatoes with cold butter and hot milk using a wooden spoon to form a creamy puree. Season with salt.
Rinse scallops, pat dry, carve into diamond shapes and fry in hot oil on each side for about 2 minutes. Season with a little salt.
In another, fry sausage slices gently in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of butter.
Use a piping bag to pipe puree onto a plate. Set scallops on top and spread with salmon caviar. Place slices of sausage atop puree and drizzle with vanilla butter. Serve immediately.