Sauteed Chinese Shrimp
- ¼ cup Nut oil (or sunflower oil, plus 2 tbsp extra)
- 1.333 cups raw Prawn (peeled with tails intact)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder (optional)
- 5 Chives (finely sliced into 2cm lengths)
- 2 scallions (very finely sliced)
- Chives (to garnish)
Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry vinegar, lime juice and oil in a bowl to create a marinade for the prawns. Whisk in the chilli powder at this point if using.
Marinade the prawns for at least 30 minutes.
In a large wok, heat 2 tbsp of the extra oil over a high flame and stir fry the spring onions and the garlic.
Drain the marinade from the prawns and add to the wok, stirring continuously.
Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes until pink and cooked and add the chives and mix just before serving. Serve with boiled rice or stir fried vegetables.