- 1 kilogram white Asparagus (or broken asparagus)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 sprig fresh Sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- white, freshly ground Pepper
- 125 grams smoked Turkey breast (thinly sliced)
Peel the asparagus, cut off the ends and cut the spears into 6-8 cm long pieces (approximately 2-3 inches). Heat some oil in a pan, add the butter and the asparagus and roast until golden brown on all sides.
Rinse the sage, shake dry and pluck the leaves from the stems. Add to the asparagus in the final few seconds of cooking. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the turkey breast.