Roasted Apple Jelly Glazed Ham
- For the ham
- 4 tablespoons Apple jelly
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ kilograms salted Pork ham roulade
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- For serving
- Pineapple (choice of asparagus, carrots, broccoli,or mashed potatoes)
- Vegetable side dish (choice of asparagus, carrots, broccoli or mashed potatoes)
For the ham: Place the apple jelly, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a pot. Gently heat until smooth.
Rinse the ham under cold water and pat dry. Heat the butter in a roasting pan. Add the ham and sear on all sides until golden. Pour in 200 ml (approximately 3/4 cup) of water. Brush the ham with some of the apple jelly gaze. Roast in a 175°C (approximately 350°F) oven for 90 minutes, while continuously brushing with the glaze.
For serving: Serve the ham partially sliced on a platter. Serve with desired vegetables.