Pork Cutlets with Mango Filling and Coconut Crust
- 1 small ripe Mango
- 2 scallions
- 5 grams fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Mango chutney (jarred)
- 4 Pork cutlets (each 150 grams)
- freshly ground black peppers
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons Shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 2 eggs
- clarified butter (for frying)
To make the mango filling: Peel and pit the mango and cut into small dice. Rinse the scallions, shake dry and cut into thin slices. Combine the mango, scallions, ginger, lemon juice and mango chutney in a bowl.
Rinse the pork cutlets, pat dry, pound evenly flat and season with salt and pepper. Spread the filling on 1 half of each cutlet, leaving a margin. Fold the other half over and secure closed with toothpicks.
In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the coconut and some red pepper flakes. Put the flour in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, beat the eggs. Dredge the cutlets in flour, coat with beaten eggs and roll in the coconut mixture.
Heat the clarified butter in a pan and fry cutlets on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove the toothpicks and serve on heated plates.