Nutty Hasselback Potatoes
82 / 100
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
This is a great recipe that is filling and energizing due to the carbohydrates that potatoes bring. Unlike simple sugars, potatoes provide lasting satiety, which is great for those who exercise and spend a lot of time being active.
You can serve these alongside a meat for a complete meal and you can always substitute other nuts. You can even use sweet potatoes if you have those available.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 4 large potatoes (150-180 g each)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 rosemary (needles removed and chopped from one sprig)
- ¼ cup peeled Walnut (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup peeled Hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup shelled, blanched Macadamia Nuts (roughly chopped)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Macadamia Nutsolive oilWalnutpotatogarlic cloverosemary
Cook the potatoes in boiling salt water for 25 min. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Slice the potatoes about 3/4 of the way through and heat the oil and butter in a pan. Fry the potatoes, garlic, chopped rosemary, the rosemary sprig and the nuts. Keep drizzling the potatoes with the nut butter and serve from the pan.