Mixed Vegetable Gratin with Herbs
This delicious gratin is a great way to get in your daily serving of vegetables, particularly for children.
For easy serving, put in mini gratin dishes instead of one, large one. The cooking time may be slightly shorter.
- butter (to grease the dish)
- 1 ¾ cups carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 ⅔ cups zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 ⅔ cups potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 ⅔ cups cream
- 1 cup fresh Gruyere (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp marjoram (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
- fresh Fresh herbs (to garnish)
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a baking dish.
Layer the carrots, zucchini and potatoes in an overlapping pattern in the prepared baking dish.
Mix together the cream and half the cheese. Add the garlic and season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg. Add the herbs and pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve garnished with the herbs.