Med-style Fish with Tagliatelle
- olive oil (cold pressed)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 Parsnip (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups fish stock
- ⅜ cup tomato passata
- 4 tablespoons black Olives (finely chopped)
- 12 ounces Tagliatelle
- 4 Red mullet fillets
- 1 bunch fresh Basil
Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pot and fry in the chopped vegetables for around 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the fish stock, bring to the boil and then add the tomato passata.
Reduce the heat and simmer without a lid on for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the olives and season with salt and black pepper.
Cook the pasta in boiling salt water until al dente and drain. Season the fish with salt and ground black pepper.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the fish on all sides at a medium temperature.
Arrange the pasta on four plates and pour the sauce over the top, place one or two fish fillets on top and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.