Mandarin Orange Muffins
These muffins contain immune-boosting vitamin C thanks to the mandarin oranges.
Orange blossom water is not usually available at grocery stores, but can be found at middle eastern specialty stores.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (heaped)
- ½ tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 small egg (beaten)
- 1 Mandarin orange (finely grated zest)
- Orange blossom water (optional)
- ⅛ cup vegan or regular butter (melted)
Heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F. Place paper liners in 6 muffin tins.
Spoon into the paper liners and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Place strips of peel and the flowers on the muffins.