- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 30 grams Cashews (or almonds)
- 500 grams Rutabaga
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic clove
- 100 grams streaky, smoked Bacon
- freshly ground pepper
- 150 grams lamb's lettuce
- 1 piece Horseradish (8 cm)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Lingonberries (from a jar)
Heat the oil and toast the nuts. Remove from the oil and set aside.
Peel the rutabaga and cut into fine strips. Peel the onions and garlic, cut the onions into columns and slice the garlic. Chop the bacon.
Fry the bacon until crispy in the nut oil. Add the rutabaga strips, the onions and the garlic and cook for 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
Rinse the lettuce thoroughly, trim and drain well.
For the dressing, peel the horseradish and grate finely. Mix with the vinegar and the lingonberries and then mix in the salad ingredients.
Transfer to plates and serve showered with nuts.