Indonesian Fried Rice
8,6 / 10
- 1 ⅛ cups Long grain rice
- 4 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 cups raw shrimp (peeled and tails removed)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps medium-hot Curry paste
- ½ red Bell pepper (deseeded and finely diced)
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1 carrot (cut into fine batons)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 handfuls Bean sprout
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain well and set aside.
Heat the oil in wok or large skillet and fry the shrimps until cooked through. Remove the shrimps from the wok and set aside.
Return the wok to the heat and fry the scallions until brown and crispy. Stir in the curry paste, cook for 2 minutes then add the bell pepper, scallions, carrots and peas.
Cook for 1 minute then stir in the sesame oil, bean sprouts and the cooked rice.
Stir well and heat through then serve immediately.