for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 18 ounces lamb
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bunch soup vegetable (parsley, carrot, leek, celery, parsley root, turnip); chopped
- 8 shallots (peeled)
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 ⅔ cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried Savory
- 1 tablespoon marjoram (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon All purpose flour
Heat the clarified butter in a large pan and brown the meat on all sides. Add the tomato puree and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
Skim off any scum from the meat broth with a skimmer and add the soup vegetables, onions, bay leaf and a little salt to the meat.
Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
Add the potatoes and carrots to the meat after 10 minutes cooking time and simmer until the meat is tender. About 10 minutes before the end of cooking add the marjoram, savory and frozen peas to the stew.
Mix the flour and butter, stir into the stew and bring to a boil. Allow to thicken slightly, then check the seasoning, remove the bay leaf and serve.