Grilled Chicken with Crunchy Salad
ready in 2 h. 55 min.
This Italian-inspired dish is rich in lean protein and vitamins from the spring salad mix.
Add some tomatos to this dish for a dash of heart-healthy lycopene.
Author of this recipe:
- For Grilled Marinated Chicken Thighs
- 12 boneless, skinless Chicken thigh
- 0.333 cup fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- 0.333 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon red Chili flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons Nam pla (asian fish sauce)
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
For Grilled Marinated Chicken Thighs:
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
In a small glass bowl combine the basil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, red chili, fish sauce, soy sauce, olive oil and brown sugar.
Place the chicken and the marinade in a one gallon resealable plastic storage bag. Squeeze bag to coat the chicken. Secure seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat and brush grill grate with oil. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
For Croutons and Spring Salad:
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Place cubed bread in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Drizzle oil mixture over cubed bread, tossing to coat.
Spread seasoned croutons onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, rinse the greens and gently pat dry with paper towels. Quarter the cucumber lengthwise and slice into bite-size pieces.
Place greens, sliced radishes, cucumber and croutons in a salad bowl. Toss to mix; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss again. Divide grilled chicken between serving plates and top with salad. Serve.