Fried Eggs with Stir-fry
ready in 40 min.
- For Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2 Tbsps Peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper (washed; seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 1 red Bell pepper (washed; seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 2 cups fresh Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 3 cups Broccoli (washed; trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces)
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- salt (to taste)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- For Fried Eggs
- ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
For Vegetable Stir-Fry:
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and carefully swirl to coat the pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Increase the heat to high; add peppers and cook, stirring for several minutes. Add the mushrooms and broccoli and cook until the mushrooms release their juices and the broccoli is bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Season with salt and add olives and water. Stir and cook until the liquid has almost evaporated and the broccoli is tender.
Reduce heat, add soy sauce, season with pepper; stir to incorporate. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
For Fried Eggs:
Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick sauté pan set over medium heat.
Crack the eggs into the pan. Turn heat to high and add butter. Cook eggs until bottoms are crisp and yolks are runny partially set, remove from heat.
Place fried eggs on top of stir-fried vegetables. Divide among serving plates and serve immediately.