- 600 grams fish fillets (such as pollock or redfish)
- lemons (juice)
- 2 onions
- 1 piece ginger (1-2 cm or approximately 1/2 inch)
- 1 small can Saffron (ground or threads)
- 100 grams Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 200 grams Yogurt (0.1% fat)
Check fish fillet for bones and if necessary remove with pliers. Cut fillet into 1 cm (approximately 1/2 inch) cubes and mix with lemon juice. Peel the onions and ginger and chop finely. Mix the saffron with a little bit of warm water. (If using threads, grind beforehand between the fingers so that they release more color and flavor.) Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Stir-fry onions and ginger, turn heat to medium and cook about 10 minutes. Take care that the onions do not brown, or they will taste bitter. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon and continue to cook.
Add yogurt, saffron, and tomatoes. Simmer and season with salt. Carefully remove the fish. Let the curry sit for about 5-6 minutes with the lid on. Serve immediately.