for 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- ground Nutmeg
- 3 ½ cups Tuna (in brine, drained)
- ⅞ cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- ½ cup grated Cheese (e. g. Alpine cheese or Parmesan)
Heat the oven to 190°C (170°C in a fan oven), 375°F, gas 5.
Fry the garlic and shallot in hot butter, add the spinach and braise until the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and nutmeg. Stir in the tuna and transfer to a baking dish.
Mix together the cream, eggs and creme fraiche. Season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg and pour over the tuna-spinach mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese and and bake for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown.