Egg Sandwich with Pumpkin Seeds
This well-rounded sandwich is low in fat, calories and carbs but rich in protein thanks to the eggs.
Add some turkey breast for more protein.
Author of this recipe:
- 1 handful Lettuce (or curly endive)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- ⅔ cup cream cheese (slightly softened)
- 2 teaspoons grated Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped Fresh herbs (such as chives, thyme, tarragon, etc.)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 red Bell pepper (washed)
- 1 handful Onion sprouts (may substitute)
- 2 tablespoons toasted Pumpkin seed
- 4 Whole Grain Rolls (sliced in half)
Wash the lettuce and spin dry. Wash, trim and slice the tomatoes. Slice the hard-boiled eggs.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, chopped herbs, salt and pepper, mixing until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Trim the red pepper and cut into thin strips.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of the roll. Add lettuce, sprouts, tomato slices, sliced eggs, pepper slices, and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds. Top with remaining half of roll. Serve.