Egg Flan with Shrimp and Soba Noodles
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams Crème fraiche
- freshly ground white peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 50 grams Bacon (finely diced)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 4 small Casserole dishes
- butter (for molds)
- 150 grams shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 generous pinch grated Lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced Basil
- 125 grams Soba Noodles
- 100 grams Romanesco broccoli (blanched)
- black Sesame seeds (to sprinkle)
- pickled red ginger (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 160°C (approximately 325°F). Butter four ramekins. Beat the eggs with the cream fraiche in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Heat the butter in a skillet and add the bacon and shallot, and sauté until the bacon is lightly crisped and the shallot is tender. Add the vinegar and it all to the egg mixture. Pour into the ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until set, about minutes. Remove and let cool.
Cook soba noodles according to package directions until al dente, drain. While the noodles cook, peel and chop the garlic. Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the shrimp and garlic until the shrimp are just cooked through, 1-2 minutes, season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Add the basil and toss to coat.
To serve, divide the soba noodles among 4 plates and invert the flan onto the noodles. Place the shrimp around the flan and garnish the dish with blanched romanesco, sesmae seeds and pickled ginger.