Corn and Squash Chowder
8,4 / 10
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 onion (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1.333 cups potatoes (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 2 ⅔ cups Butternut squash (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1.333 cups sweet Corn (from a can, drained)
- Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into 1 cm pieces)
- 2 Tbsps thyme (to garnish)
Melt the butter in a pan and sweat the onions and garlic until translucent. Add the potatoes and squash and cook together briefly. Deglaze with the stock, stir well and simmer on a moderate heat for 15-20 minutes.
Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the sweetcorn and bring back to a simmer.
Remove half of the vegetables, purée the rest of the soup - adding more stock if required - and season to taste with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg.
Add the pepper and return the rest of the vegetables to the soup, warm briefly and pour into bowls. Serve garnished with thyme leaves.