Classic Gourmet Cheeseburgers
ready in 35 min.
- 16 ozs lean Ground beef (chuck; round or sirloin)
- 1 Tbsp Steak sauce A.1. ® (recommended)
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- Oil (for grill grate)
- 2 Tbsps melted butter (for onions and rolls)
- 1 Red onion (peeled and thickly sliced into 4 rounds)
- 4 sesame Burger buns (split and grilled)
- Lettuce (rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (rinsed; trimmed and sliced)
- 4 Tbsps Mustard (may substitute your favorite condiment)
Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, combine beef, A.1. Steaksauce, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix and knead the mixture. Divide into 4 even portions and shape into patties.
Lightly oil grill grate.
Grill the burgers until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium. To check for doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the burger until you reach the center. The internal temperature should be at least 160º F / 71º C.
Brush the sliced onions with butter and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place the foil packet on the grill; cook turning several times until the onions are soft and tender. Brush the cut sides of each roll with butter and toast on the grill, watching carefully.
To assemble the burgers: Spread your some mustard or your favorite condiment on the cut side of the bottom bun and layer with lettuce, tomato slices, burger, and onions, season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with your favorite condiment and remaining bun top. Serve.