Citrus and Fruit Salad
This salad is not only delicious, but it is full of excellent nutrients. Grapefruit is a great source of fiber, fennel is a good source of potassium, and rhubarb provides powerful magnesium.
Pair this salad with a whole-wheat baguette to add satiating fiber.
- 1.333 cups Rhubarb (narrow stalks cut into 2)
- 2 pink Grapefruit (filleted, juice reserved)
- 1 yellow Grapefruit (filleted, juice reserved)
- 1 Fennel (quartered and finely sliced, leaves finely chopped)
- 1 stick Celery (finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped)
Stew the rhubarb in 4 ounces water for 2-3 minutes, remove from the heat and let cool.