Chilli Beef Casserole
ready in 1 hr 20 min.
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 3.333 cups Beef shoulder (trimmed and cut into strips)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 4 cups Beef stock
- 1 ⅔ cups waxy potatoes (diced)
- 1 ½ cups Green beans (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp crushed Red pepper flakes (ground)
Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat on a high heat. Dust with the paprika and add the shallot, garlic and the tomato puree. Fry for a few minutes then deglaze with the stock. Season with salt and ground black pepper and simmer on a medium heat for 30 min.
Add the potatoes and the beans, stir in the chilli flakes and simmer for another 15 minutes. Season to taste and serve in deep plates.