Chicken with Romanesco
- 500 grams Romanesco broccoli
- 4 skin-on chicken 500 grams (approximately 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons Cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons Corn oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 bunch Tarragon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 200 milliliters vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons sharp Mustard
Rinse the romanesco and divide into florets. Place the florets in salted water, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
Peel the shallots, cut in half and dice finely. Rinse the tarragon, dry, pluck the leaves and chop finely.
For the sauce, fry the diced shallots in butter, then sprinkle with flour and stir in the broths. Let the sauce simmer briefly, then stir in mustard, creme fraiche and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
Dab the chicken with vinegar and cover with cornmeal. Heat the corn oil in a pan and fry the chicken breasts.
Heat the butter; swirl the romanesco florets in the butter.
Pour the sauce on a preheated dish. Add the chicken breasts and romanesco to the plates and garnish with almonds and orange zest.