- For the chicken
- Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp, crushed)
- Cloves (1/2 tsp, crushed)
- 1 large Onion (halved)
- 1 Chicken (approximately 1.5 kg)
- freshly ground Pepper
- 250 grams Carrots (peeled and cubed)
- 8 sprigs Cilantro (tied in a bundle)
- 2 liters Milk
- 1 ½ kilograms Pumpkin (peeled, cored and cut into large pieces)
- 250 grams Zucchini (halved lengthwise and cut into 3 cm thick pieces)
- 1 generous pinch Saffron
For the chicken: season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Place chicken into a pot with onion halves, carrots, cumin powder, cloves and cilantro, season with salt and pepper and cover with milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat. Add pumpkin, zucchini and saffron to chicken and simmer for 25 minutes more.
For the couscous: pour hot water over couscous and let swell according to package instructions. Occasionally loosen with a fork.
Remove chicken from the pot and cut up into pieces. Arrange couscous in a large. preheated platter and make a well in the center. Top with chicken pieces and spread with vegetables. Remove onion and cilantro from the broth. Serve chicken accompanied by milk broth.