Chicken Chowder with Corn and Bacon
ready in 45 min.
- 2 Tbsps butter (divided)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 ribs Celery (rinsed; trimmed and diced)
- 3 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (chopped)
- 6 slices cooked Bacon (chopped)
- 2 cups frozen Corn kernel
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- White pepper (to taste)
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and potatoes; saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth and simmer until the potatoes are tender but still firm.
Add milk, chopped chicken, bacon, corn and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add remaining tablespoon of butter, season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and serve hot.