8,7 / 10
- ⅛ cup butter
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 head Cauliflower divided into small florets (4 florets thinly sliced and reserved)
- 1 large potato (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese (or blue cheese, crumbled)
- ⅔ cup double cream
- 1 tsp Curry powder
How healthy are the main ingredients?garlic cloveonionCauliflowerCauliflowerpotato
Heat the butter in a pan and sweat the onion without colouring for about five minutes. Add the cauliflower florets, potato and garlic and cook for a further five minutes until softened.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is completely tender.
Liquidise in a blender, then return to the pan. Add the cheeses and cream and stir to melt, season carefully.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with the thinly sliced florets and a sprinkle of curry powder.