Baked Egg Tart with Salmon
ready in 1 hr 20 min.
- 2 ½ cups potatoes (cut into fairly large cubes)
- 1 cup grated Gouda
- 1 ⅛ cups low-fat Quark
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter (for the dish)
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry (filo)
- 1 ⅔ cups frozen Broccoli (thawed)
- 1 cup unsliced Smoked salmon (diced)
- 1 sprig rosemary (leaves very finely chopped)
Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water for around 20-25 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
Stir together the cheese, quark and sour cream, then mix in the eggs and mustard. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and ground white pepper.
Butter a casserole dish and line it with the filo pastry, folding overhanging edges inwards and pressing them against the edge.
Arrange the potatoes, broccoli and salmon evenly over the base and sprinkle with rosemary. Cover the whole lot with the quark mixture and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot.