Apple Waffles with Yogurt Cream
- For the yogurt cream
- 2 Apple
- 200 milliliters white wine
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 packets Vanilla sugar
- 1 cup low-fat Yogurt
- 200 grams Whipped cream
- 1 packet whipped cream stabilizer
1. For the apple yogurt cream: Rinse and peel the apples, cut into quarters, remove the cores and dice. Combine the white wine and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the diced apples and simmer until the apples have softened. Remove the apples with a slotted spoon and let the liquid boil down by about 2/3. Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt.
2. Beat the whipping cream and stabilizer until stiff. Fold into the yogurt mixture along with the diced apples.
3. For the waffles: Whisk the melted butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Rinse and peel the apples, cut into quarters, remove the cores and chop finely. Stir the chopped apples into the batter. Toast the sliced almonds in a dry pan until golden brown. Preheat the waffle iron and grease with butter or oil. Spoon several tablespoons of batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown on both sides. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm and continue with the remaining batter. To serve, dust the waffles with powdered sugar, top with a dollop of yogurt cream and sprinkle with toasted almonds.