Turkey and Corn Skewers
ready in 40 min.
- 16 ounces Sweet potato (washed and scrubbed)
- 4 ears sweet Corn (husk and silk removed)
- 16 ounces small zucchini (rinsed)
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- In Addition
- 8 long Wooden skewer (presoaked in cold water for 20 minutes)
- 8 mini zucchini with flowers attached (optional)
- zucchini leaf (or greens)
Cut the sweet potatoes in bite size pieces and cook in salted water for about 15 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the corn in a pot of salted boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes. Drain well. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife and cut into thick rounds. Set aside.
Cut the zucchini into thick rounds and set aside. Rinse the turkey under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife cut the turkey into bite-size pieces.
Thread the sweet potato, corn, zucchini, and turkey alternately on the prepared skewers.
In a small bowl, whisk the pressed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until blended. Brush the skewers with the oil mixture and grill on an oiled grill grate for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through, occasionally turning and brushing with marinade.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a mini zucchini with flower attached on one end of each skewer (optional). Serve on a bed of zucchini leaves or greens of your choice.