Tomato Sauce in a Jar
ready in 2 h. 30 min.
- 20 cups ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 ¼ cups onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Dried tomatoes (diced)
- 0.333 cup sugar
- 8 cloves
- 4 Cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
Place all the ingredients in a large pot and mix well. Bring to the boil and then simmer on a low heat for around 2 hours until the mixture has been reduced by a third.
Sterilise the bottles with boiling water and place upside down on a clean tea towel.
Sieve the mixture and bring to the boil once again. If the ketchup is too thin continue to boil until the desired consistency is achieved.
Transfer to the bottles, close tightly and leave upside down for 5 min. Always store open bottles in the fridge.