Tom Kha Soup
96 / 100
ready in 38 min.
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 3 red chili peppers (seeds removed and cut into thin strips)
- 2 stalks Lemongrass (trimmed and sliced)
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves (rinsed and cut into strips)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 pc fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped (1-inch)
- 1 ⅔ cups chicken stock
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (halves)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 8 ozs Green beans (rinsed and trimmed)
- 1 ⅔ cups unsweetened Coconut milk
- fresh Tarragon (to garnish)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Coconut milkGreen beansgingersesame oilgarlic cloveChicken breast
Heat the oil in a wok and briefly toss the chili peppers, and lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic and ginger in the hot oil. Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper and cut into thin strips. Add the chicken, and green beans to the wok, cook gently for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the coconut milk and heat gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into warmed soup bowls and garnish with tarragon. Serve.