Thai-style Steak with Leaveas
- 1 ½ Tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 3 cups Flank Steak (or sirloin steak)
- 1 large Lettuce (leaves separated)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 2 Vine tomatoes (cored and cut into wedges)
- 1 small Persian Cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- 2 Tbsps mint
- freshly ground Black pepper
How healthy are the main ingredients?Sesame seedssoy saucemintgarlic clovecarrottomato
Whisk together the sunflower oil, chilli, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds in a mixing bowl. Add the steak, stir well, and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
Preheat the grill to hot. Remove the steak from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Spread out on a grilling tray and grill for 4 - 5 minutes, turning once, until tender to the touch. Brush with the excess marinade when turning.
Arrange the lettuce, carrot, tomato, and cucumber in bowls. Top with the steak and garnish with mint leaves.