Thai Spicy Curry Soup
- 4 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- fresh ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 1 stick Lemongrass (crushed and chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 Tbsps red Curry paste
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups fish stock
- 12 spears green Asparagus
- 12 spears white Asparagus
- 3 cups Salmon fillet (cut into chunks)
- light soy sauce
- cilantro (to garnish)
1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Wooden spoon, 1 Teaspoon, 2 Pots, 1 Sieve, 1 Fine grater
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pan and gently cook the garlic, chilli, lemon grass and ginger for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and pour in the coconut milk and fish stock. Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
Peel the white asparagus and the lower third of the green asparagus. Steam the white asparagus over salted, boiling water for 5 minutes, then add the green asparagus and cook for a further 5 minutes until nearly tender. Allow to cool slightly, then cut diagonally into pieces.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, cook the salmon for 30 seconds on each side and season with salt.
Place the salmon and asparagus in the soup, season with the soy sauce and heat through. Serve garnished with corianader.