Steak and Vegetable Stir Fry with Squash
ready in 40 min.
This yummy dish has virtually no carbs but is rich in protein.
If you're not on a low-carb diet, serve this stir fry with some brown or wild rice.
Author of this recipe:
- 1.333 cups Broccoli
- 2 cups Snap pea
- 3.333 cups Beef (e. g. cut into bite-sized strips)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps Nut oil
- 1.333 cups Squash (diced)
- 2 ½ cups red Cabbage (cut into strips)
- 3 Tbsps Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1.333 cups baby Sweet corn (cut into two or three pieces)
- 1 cup Bamboo shoots (batons, drained)
Blanch the broccoli and sugar snap peas in salted water - the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, the peas for around 1 minute. Refresh in cold water and leave to drain.
Quickly brown the beef with the garlic and ginger in a wok or frying pan in hot oil. Add the squash and cabbage and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add 2-3 tbsp fish sauce and the soy sauce, together with 2-3 tbsp water. Cook, stirring, for around 5 minutes, so the vegetables retain a slight bite.
Add the remaining vegetables and heat through. Season to taste with fish sauce, salt and ground black pepper, and serve, with rice if desired.