Steak and Nut Skillet
ready in 1 hr
- 3.333 cups Beef (e. g. thick flank, cut in strips)
- 2 Tbsps Fish sauce
- 2 red peppers (chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk Celery (sliced)
- 2 onions (halved, sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups Broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 1.333 cups shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 Tbsps Peanut oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- ¾ cup Peanuts
- 2 Tbsps green Curry paste
- ⅜ cup Coconut milk
Mix the meat with the fish sauce. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for approx. 10 minutes.
Heat a little oil in a pan or wok and sear the meat. Remove from the pan and add the remaining oil.
Reduce the heat and fry the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and peanuts gently for 1-2 minutes.
Gradually add the remaining vegetables and the shiitake. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Mix in the curry paste
thoroughly and add a little water and the coconut milk.
Return the meat to the pan and continue to fry gently for about 5-10 minutes until done.
Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper and serve.