Spicy Hen Wings
ready in 12 h. 40 min.
- For the chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 chili peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps fresh ginger (finely grated)
- ½ tsp allspice (crushed in a mortar)
- ½ tsp Coriander (crushed in a mortar)
- 1 tsp peppercorns (crushed in a mortar)
- 2 Tbsps Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsps olive oil
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 20 Chicken wing
Mix together the finely chopped garlic, chillies and ginger, the ground allspice, coriander and pepper, the lime juice, the honey, the olive oil and the ketchup. Coat the chicken wings thoroughly with the mixture. Cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
Season the wings with salt and grill on the barbecue, turning occasionally, for around 15 minutes.
For the dip, stir together the mayonnaise and the sour cream. Mix in the onions, gherkins and 1-2 tbsp of the gherkin pickling liquid. Season to taste with salt and ground white pepper and serve with the chicken wings.