Spiced Orange Pulses
7,5 / 10
1 hr 25 min.
- 3 cups Red lentils
- 2 large tomatoes (cored and diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 ½ tsps ground Cumin
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsps fresh ginger (chopped)
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups water
- chopped cilantro (or fresh leaf herb of your choice for garnish)
Combine the lentils, tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices, pepper, salt, and olive oil in a large saucepan.
Add 1.5 l of water, bring to the boil, and then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for one hour and 15 minutes stirring regularly until the lentils are soft and tender and stock is reduced.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with chopped coriander or herb of your choice.