Spiced Garbanzo Bean Curry
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
- 8 cups green Cabbage (stem removed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 red chili pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups Mushrooms (halved)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Cumin powder
- 1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
- ⅞ cup Coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas (tinned, rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cilantro (to garnish)
Blanche the cabbage in salt water for around 3 minutes. Drain and cut into wide strips.
Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in hot oil for 1-2 min. Add the mushrooms, turmeric and a pinch of cumin and then add the stock.
Add the cabbage and coconut milk, season with salt and simmer for around 20 min. If necessary add more stock.
Add the chickpeas and leave to steep for around 5 min.
Season with lemon juice and salt and serve garnished with coriander.