Garbanzo Bean Casserole
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 3 cups chickpeas (soaked overnight in plenty of cold water)
- 2 onions (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 pc fresh ginger (the size of a walnut, finely diced)
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 stalks Celery (cut into pieces)
- 2 Eggplant (diced)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- 8 tomatoes (diced)
- 1.333 cups vegetable stock
- 1.333 cups pitted, black Olives (well drained)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 3 tsps sweet paprika
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ground cinnamon
Drain the chickpeas and boil in fresh water for around 35 minutes. Pour off the water and leave to drain; the chickpeas must not be completely soft.
Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in hot oil until translucent. Add the celery, aubergines, courgette and tomatoes and fry together for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the vegetable stock and simmer for around 15 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and olives and cook for a further 10 minutes or so until the chickpeas are soft and the olives are heated through. Add the spices and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.