Spanish Style Festive Turkey
- 1 young Turkey (approx. 7-8 pounds)
- 7 cups day-old white bread (crusts cut off, diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup Sour cherry (jar)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 lemon (halved, zest grated)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 ¼ cups cooked Chestnuts (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- ⅜ cup cream
- ⅔ cup soft butter
- 2 sprigs thyme (leaves removed)
Heat the oven to 350°F and grease a roasting tin with some of the butter.
Place the turkey, breast side up, in the prepared roasting tin and cover with a damp cloth. Roast at the bottom of the oven for 2 - 2.5 hours, basting occasionally with the remaining butter and some water if necessary. Remove the cloth for the final 45 minutes and add the stuffing to the baking dish.