Southeast-style Spicy Noodles
- ¼ cup Nut oil
- 11 ozs cooked Whole Wheat Noodles (cooked as per package instructions)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 1.333 cups King prawn (peeled, de-veined with tails removed)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and finely sliced)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ small carrot (julienned)
- 1 Tbsp Chili paste
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- Limes (juiced from one lime)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Whisk together the lime juice, chilli paste, fish sauce and pepper until smooth. Marinade the king prawns in this mixture for 15 minutes.
Heat the groundnut oil in a large wok over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the shallot, garlic, spring onion, carrot and red pepper for 2-3 minutes.
Add the king prawns with the marinade and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the noodles to the wok, tossing well to combine.
Season to taste with soy sauce and pepper, then spoon into serving bowls and garnish with sprigs of coriander. Serve immediately.