Southeast Asian Nems
- 3 ½ ounces Rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- mint (finely chopped)
- 0.333 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- ½ bunch Basil (finely chopped)
- Cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 Mangoes (stoned, peeled and sliced)
- 2 Chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 red chile pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 12 rice pancake (not rice paper)
Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Prawns Large cooked king prawns go really well with mango and spices
Soak the vermicelli according to packet instructions and drain once rehydrated. Place in a bowl and add the vinegar and fish sauce, then add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix carefully.
Soak the pancakes according to packet instructions then lay on kitchen paper to dry.
Spoon a narrow strip of filling down the centre of each pancake, fold over one half and then roll up as tightly as possible. Slice each roll in half or quarters and refrigerate.
Make the dipping sauce by whisking the ingredients together. Serve the chilled rolls with the sauce alongside.